Monday, September 28, 2009

Everything for a reason

I am a firm believer in karma because of days like today.

There were several things that happened today that just made a world of a difference to me. The most insignificant, but still amazing, was that my neighbor not only offered me a ride to work and allowed me to avoid being miserably sweaty when I got to work for a change, but to top it off....his windows were up and the a/c was blasting!!! (this rarely happens in grenada, which is why this is so amazing!)

Then, as I got to work I was able to have a meeting with the temporary replacement for our manager at PAM who is taking a 3 month sabbatical. Much to my surprise this temporary manager, Ms. Johnson, was very familiar with the goals and aims of Peace Corps. Come to find out, she is the daughter of our previous APCD. It was very comforting to be able to talk with someone who really understands my purpose here. She encouraged me to think about and write down my long term goals. She said we could look over them together and talk about ways to adapt my work here to benefit me so that I can achieve those goals.

And last but not least, today was my first day working at TAMCC (Community College). I met with my counterpart there, Mrs. Gordon, and she wanted to take the time today to show me around the campus and introduce me to some of the faculty, administrators and staff. She did a great job at making me feel very welcome there. I also feel like the office that I will be working in is going to be a very warm and positive atmosphere. I can't wait to get started on my projects there.

It was a good karma day!

No comments:

Post a Comment