Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Fresh Start

This week has made a complete 180 degree turn for the better! Talk about being on a roller coaster!

So, the teachers and staff at PAM have finally got their gears up an running on full speed now this week. I am feeling like the classes are starting to take off and the days there feel much more productive. I have meet with my personal development class 2 times already, and I can already tell that this is going to be a good group of girls to work with. And I have picked back up helping one of the girls in a remedial reading class that meets every day. So, good things are starting to happen.

On another subject though, I was in the peace corps office yesterday and the APCD (aka my boss) asked to speak with me for a moment. He was telling me how there was a severe need for a guidance counselor at the community college in St. George's. Currently, there is only one counselor for over 2200 students. He was asking if I had any background in counseling and if I would be interested in helping. While I only have a minor in social work, I feel like I could be of some assistance at the school because I have a great interest in that area of work and really enjoy working with the young adult population. So, Dr. LaTouche is going to speak with his point person, and hopefully by next week I will also be volunteering at T.A. Marryshow Community College!

No comments:

Post a Comment