Thursday, September 17, 2009

Breadfruit Salad

The past 2 days have been pretty successful for me!

On Wednesday I started my remedial reading groups at my primary school. I was a little nervous with the activities that I prepared, but all 5 groups responded really well and were paying attention and participating! So that was really encouraging to know that I can handle these groups with little to no experience.

And then today, I had 3 classes at the Programme for Adolescent Mothers (PAM) that all went very well also. In the class where I teach personal development, one of the girls came up to me at the end of class and said, "I really enjoyed class today!" That made me feel really great to hear that. And I really felt like I was getting through to the girls today. They were actively participating in the lesson, giving feed back, and sharing some of their own personal stories!


On another note....since I have moved down here, my cooking skills have been beginning to develop! I'm not much of one to follow recipes, so almost all of my creations are experiments. I haven't had any complete failures yet, but some things do turn out better than others. Today, I decided that I wanted to try to make potato salad, but instead of using potatoes I wanted to replace them with breadfruit. I just threw a few things in with the cooked breadfruit and it turned out pretty awesome. And tonight, I am going to try to make meatloaf for the very first time. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment