Friday, September 11, 2009

At the end of the day

whew...it sure seems like this week has been long. With the start of school this week, I have been finally putting all my planning from the summer into place, but I hadn't prepared for how much work it really would be. What I did this week: at PAM, I started teaching my 2 new classes for this term; personal development and remedial reading; at my school attachment I met with the principal and we chose the students that I will be working with in the remedial reading program. We also put the students into groups, picked times for the groups to meet each week, discussed it with all of the teachers, and sent letters home to the parents; with Dwayne (who is the boy I am also helping with reading), I met with him this week at the public library and we picked out a novel to start working on; and then tomorrow I will have my first day back helping with the learn-to-swim lessons at the swimming pool. So, like it said...whew....it has been a busy week. But I am also getting pretty excited that I am starting all theses new classes and programs. It is definitely time for the weekend though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment