Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day Back at School

So today I successfully completed my first day back at school this term. There was a teachers meeting yesterday with all of the staff at PAM where we discussed the schedule of classes and who was going to be teaching what. I am going to continue on with a personal development class that another peace corps volunteer had started, and then I am also creating a new remedial reading class for a few of the students who need some extra assistance. All of the girls showed up this morning for the first day, and I must say that I was getting more and more frustrated as the day went on due to the lack of structure and organization from the staff and teachers. There were multiple times throughout the day when there were no teachers in any of the classrooms and the girls were just walking around the building. This may be a typical first day at PAM, but from what I know of going to school....the first day of class normally means that there are actual classes, right? None of the teachers were familiar with the schedule yet and I found them turning to me and asking where they were suppose to be at...

I hope that after this week is over, that everyone knows the schedule and there is a more structured school day with actual learning going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment