Monday, October 12, 2009

A breath of fresh air

I attended a staff meeting at PAM today. After it's completion, I am filled with nothing but excitement and contentment (not sure if that is a word, but that's how I felt :) Our temporary manager has started to bring nothing but great ideas and progress to this program! I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing the changes that are going to happen during her time here. I think she is effectively addressing the important issues while making sure not to walk on anybody's feet in the process. She has the right qualities needed to be a successful manager and I am glad and feel blessed that she is here with us.

On another note, my work at TAMCC is slowly starting to develop. I am beginning to get a feel for what my work there is going to consist of. The counseling section of the Student Affairs Department is trying to build up a new Peer Pals program. The Peer Pals' mission is to give students the skills needed to be able to go out and implement counseling amongst their peers. To this that this mission can be accomplished, I will be helping with various seminars and small group meeting to discuss the topics that are most effecting this population of students. I am looking forward to getting more involved in this project because I can see that there is a potential for great success in this area.

But other than work, I feel like life here is going pretty well. I can finally say that I have some Grenadian friends! After the start of this new school term, I feel like more people in my community are acknowledging my presence and realizing my purpose here. I feel much more integrated and comfortable not only in my community but in Grenada as a whole. It seems like time is beginning to fly by. And while I still feel all the ups and downs along the way, the journey is becoming progressively more enjoyable as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment