Tuesday, October 20, 2009

If bad things happen in threes, I don't even want to know what could happen next.

I found out yesterday that one of my Grenadian friends was attacked by a man with a cutlass (a machete). He was cut pretty badly on the back of his head, face, arms and hands. He was taken to the hospital and is stable but is in pretty bad shape.

The moment I heard what happened, I headed to the hospital to visit him. I just can't believe that this happened, and all because of this crazy man's jealousy. My friend is a farmer and apparently this man was jealous of his land and wanted to farm there himself, so he decided that he would try to kill him to get him out of the way. And supposedly this man has killed before but was released from prison.

So, on Sunday this man went up to his farm, hid in the bush, and then attacked my friend from behind! He cut him several times on the back of his head before my friend turned around to defend himself. He received several more hits to his arms and hands before he was able to pull out his cutlass and fight back. Now they are both in the hospital.

I am just so glad that he is okay. I am sad that he is injured, but more sad about the fact that this is how people deal with conflict here. I wish that people didn't resort to excessive violence to handle either issues. Or that people could have better opportunities so that they wouldn't have to resort to stealing or killing to get the things they want in life.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, dearest
    My name is Fatima. Live in Iran. I like many other countries with girls like we do with the conversation.
    If you want to know about Iran and the Islamic matters sure to check my head and Write. And I do invite you to let Iran. A very beautiful country with ancient books are interesting.
    I'm waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete