Monday, November 23, 2009


Something I wanted to share from another Peace Corps Volunteer serving in Ghana, Africa.

"I entered the Peace Corps assuming that I would spend the next two
years in a distinctly different world, full of people unlike me in
every way. Over the course of my service in Ghana, however, I learned
to see this world as one where those differences are primarily
superficial. When we define people based solely on factors such as
language, nationality, social status, or culture, we cheat ourselves
from seeing that the essence of what makes us human transcends all
borders. I am defined by many categories: I am a woman, a Native
American, and an American citizen. But, my time overseas has shown me
that first and foremost, I am a human with six billion relatives." -
Praya Baruch (RPCV, Ghana), Choctaw Nation

2 comments: