Friday, February 6, 2009

The Next Chapter

This is the first and last blog entry I will be writing before I leave for the Peace Corps. I am headed to Grenada in the Eastern Caribbean and will be there until April 2011.

In the final weeks before I attend my staging event in Miami, I have been getting more and more excited/anxious about the experience I am about to embark upon. I have started having dreams about what I think things will be like. I still can't believe that I was picked to become a Peace Corps Volunteer and am very thankful for the opportunity.

I have been trying to wrap up all loose ends before I depart, but the most important has been trying spend as much time as possible with family and friends. There are some people, I sure you know who you are, that I just can't imagine what it will be like to be away from for 2 years. It will be a very challenging experience, but I hope that my relationships grow stonger because of it.

I keep counting days the days until I leave....I just can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. hey lady i have a blogspot to it is peterandfaith@blogspot.com I will make sure i keep tabs on you!
    lol

    ReplyDelete